What are microgreens?
If you're not familiar with them, microgreens are baby vegetables or herbs that are only a few inches tall and have developed their first set of leaves. Despite being small, they are bursting with intense flavors, colors and nutrients.
What are the benefits?
- Nutritious: Microgreens generally contain significantly higher concentrations of nutrients than their full grown counterparts - in some cases up to 40 times more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!
- Flavorful: Microgreens come in a wide variety of flavors including mild, spicy, peppery, nutty, and sweet.
- Fresh: Microgreens typically have a short shelf life (around 5 - 7 days), which means you won't find them shipped from long distances. Instead, they're grown locally and harvested the day you receive them, ensuring the highest quality and freshness.
How do I use them?
- Garnish: Microgreens can be used as a beautiful and flavorful garnish on top of dishes such as salads, soups, or sandwiches.
- Salad: Add microgreens to your salad or combine several varieties and use them exclusively.
- Smoothies: Include some microgreens in your smoothies for an extra set of flavor and nutrients.
- Sautes: Toos them in your stir-fry or saute for a quick side dish.
Why choose Mighty Micros?
The Mighty Micros program offers a convenient way to enjoy a regular supply of fresh, nutrient-rich microgreens delivered straight to your doorstep.
- Locally Grown: All of the microgreens received through the Mighty Micros program are grown locally in Willard, Missouri without the use of pesticides or chemicals.
- Convenient: You have the option of picking up your order at your local farmer's market. If you live within the city limits of Willard, home delivery is also an option.
- Flexible: Through our online portal, you can easily update the varieties and quantities of microgreens, the frequency of deliveries, and cancel at any time.