If you've seen me at the market over the past few months, you'll know that microgreens are one of the primary items that KTech Farms sells. With markets coming to a close, and a desire to continue providing microgreens to the community, I'm happy to announce that "Mighty Micro" subscriptions are now available via our online shop!
With these subscriptions, you have the option for weekly or bi-weekly delivery of 2-4 ounces of microgreens and can choose between 12 different varieties. Our deliveries occur on Monday afternoon, and microgreens are harvested each week just prior to delivery.
What are microgreens?
If you're not familiar with them, microgreens are baby vegetables or herbs that are only a few inches tall and have developed their first set of leaves. Despite being small, they are bursting with intense flavors, colors and nutrients.
What are the benefits?
- Nutritious: Microgreens generally contain significantly higher concentrations of nutrients than their full grown counterparts - in some cases up to 40 times more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!
- Flavorful: Microgreens come in a wide variety of flavors including mild, spicy, peppery, nutty, and sweet.
- Fresh: Microgreens typically have a short shelf life (around 5 - 7 days), which means you won't find them shipped from long distances. Instead, they're grown locally and harvested the day you receive them, ensuring the highest quality and freshness.
How do I use them?
- Garnish: Microgreens can be used as a beautiful and flavorful garnish on top of dishes such as salads, soups, or sandwiches.
- Salad: Add microgreens to your salad or combine several varieties and use them exclusively.
- Smoothies: Include some microgreens in your smoothies for an extra set of flavor and nutrients.
- Sautes: Toos them in your stir-fry or saute for a quick side dish.
Why choose Mighty Micros?
The Mighty Micros program offers a convenient way to enjoy a regular supply of fresh, nutrient-rich microgreens delivered straight to your doorstep.
- Locally Grown: All of the microgreens received through the Mighty Micros program are grown locally in Willard, Missouri without the use of pesticides or chemicals.
- Convenient: You have the option of picking up your order at your local farmer's market. If you live within the city limits of Willard, home delivery is also an option.
- Flexible: Through our online portal, you can easily update the varieties and quantities of microgreens, the frequency of deliveries, and cancel at any time.